The Stephen F. Austin Experimental Forest and Interpretive Trails will be CLOSED 2018 October 27-November 9 and December 7-8.
The Southern Pine Ecology and Management Research Work Unit (SRS-RWU-4159), headquartered on the University of Arkansas campus at Monticello, Arkansas, continues a tradition of research on plants, wildlife, and soils in pine-dominated forests of the southeastern United States. Our emphasis is on mixed loblolly-shortleaf pine and pine-hardwood forests of the West Gulf Coastal Plain in Arkansas, Louisiana, and Texas, and the shortleaf pine and pine-hardwood forests of the Ouachita and Ozark Mountains in Arkansas and Oklahoma.
News & Events
Silvicultural histories are recognized by forestry professionals from the United Kingdom to Arkansas. The Editorial Board of Forestry, an international journal of forest research, recently awarded USDA Forest Service research forester Don Bragg the 2017 Percy Stubbs, John Bolton King and Edward Garfitt Prize for Silviculture for advancing silviculture research.
- Resolving questionable records of Pituophis ruthveni (Louisiana Pinesnake)
Adams, Connor S.; Pierce, Josh B.; Rudolph, D. Craig; Ryberg, Wade A.; Hibbitts, Toby J.
- Caroline Dormon:the South’s exceptional forest conservationist and naturalist
Barnett, James P.; Troncale, Sarah M.
- Superior pines revisited: a plus-tree progeny test on the Crossett Experimental Forest at a half-century
Bragg, Don C.
- Seeing is believing: an early southern pine demonstration plot in northern Louisiana
Bragg, Don C.
- Shifts in phenological distributions reshape interaction potential in natural communities
Carter, Shannon K.; Saenz, Daniel ; Rudolf, Volker H. W.