Ball Creek Road (FS 83) and Shope Fork Road (FS 751) are currently OPEN.
Western North Carolina Hunting Seasons - Macon County, NC
|Turkey Season - 2020|
|April 04 – May 9|
|Feral Hog and Other Small Game|
For information on tours and workshops, please contact Randy Fowler at 828-524-2128, ext. 111.
News & Events
A new study uses a USDA Forest Service modeling tool – the Water Supply Stress Index, or WaSSI, ecosystem services model – to explore the relationship between water use, river flows, and fish populations across the conterminous U.S. Brian Richter from the University of Virginia led the study. SRS researcher Peter Caldwell’s expertise with WaSSI was instrumental in relating water use to depletion of river flows.
- Hydrologic modeling for flow-ecology science in the Southeastern United States and Puerto Rico
Caldwell, Peter V; Kennen, Jonathan G.; Hain, Ernie F.; Nelson, Stacy A.C.; Sun, Ge ; McNulty, Steve G.
- Rainfall partitioning varies across a forest age chronosequence in the southern Appalachian Mountains
Brantley, Steven T.; Miniat, Chelcy F.; Bolstad, Paul V
- On the use of mean monthly runoff to predict the flow–duration curve in ungauged catchments
Chouaib, Wafa ; Alila, Younes ; Caldwell, Peter V
- Tree resin flow dynamics during an experimentally induced attack by Ips avulsus , I. calligraphus , and I. grandicollis
Denham, Sander O.; Coyle, David R.; Oishi, A. Christopher; Bullock, Bronson P.; Heliövaara, Kari ; Novick, Kimberly A.
- Lack of forest tree seedling recruitment and enhanced tree and shrub growth characterizes post-Tsuga canadensis mortality forests in the southern Appalachians
Dharmadi, Sandra N.; Elliott, Katherine J.; Miniat, Chelcy F.