The mission of the Forest Operations Research Work Unit is to provide the science and technology integrating ecological and engineering disciplines to achieve economically and ecologically viable forest operations that are necessary for sustainable and socially acceptable forest resource management. Learn more about us →
News & Events
Meet SRS scientist Dana Mitchell, a research engineer and project leader with the Forest Operations Research unit in Auburn, Alabama. Her team studies the science and technology involved in physical alterations of the forest. They work to balance the ecological impact and the value generation of forest management.
- Productivity and cost estimates for incorporating tracked processors into conventional loblolly pine harvesting regimes in the Southeastern United States
Daniel, Marissa “Jo”; Gallagher, Tom ; Mitchell, Dana ; McDonald, Timothy ; Via, Brian
- Development of a small-scale harvester for biomass operations
da Rocha, K.D. ; Gallagher, Tom ; McDonald, Tim ; Mitchell, Dana
- Evaluating forest biomass recovery in south central Alabama pine plantations
Grace III , J. McFero; Klepac, J. F.; Taylor, Steve E.
- Analysis of processing head measurements in merchandizing southern yellow pine
Sitanggang, Marisa ; Gallagher, Thomas ; McDonald, Timothy ; Mitchell, Dana
- Large site prep tractors for fire line establishment in southern pine stands in Alabama
Smidt, Mathew F.; Mitchell, Dana ; Baker, Hunter