Frequently Asked Questions
Some information is more commonly sought out by visitors to the Southern Research Station. We have compiled some of the most frequently asked questions with their answers below. If you do not see the answer to your question or you need more information than is posted, please contact us for more information.
- Where can I get camping information on "specific" campsites in the Southern US?
- Where can I purchase Forest Service maps?
- How can I order print copies of your publications?
- If the publication is not listed on your page, what should I do?
- What can I do if a PDF file is too large for me to download?
- What should I do if I'd like to request a publication and don't have specific information about the publication?
- What can I do if I have difficulty navigating your Web site?
- What should I do if I click on a link and receive a blank screen?
- How can I find out about employment opportunities with the federal government, Forest Service, or the Southern Research Station?
Recreation Information for the 13 Southern States
Research Stations do not manage recreation areas, but the links below will direct you to forest information.
- Recreation.gov for campsite and cabin rentals nationwide through a variety of public agencies.
- National Forest Store.
Many of our publications are also available online- see the SRS Publication Search page for more information.
- firstname.lastname@example.org, providing the issue you are having and the publication you are trying to access.
What should I do if I would like to request a publication and don't have specific information about the publication?Please contact us at email@example.com and provide us with as much information as you can.
- firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the browser you are using, the time you found the problem, and the URL of the page that has the problem.
- contact us. Please include the browser you are using, the time you found the problem, and the URL of the page that is missing.
Visit our News Release page, and click the 'Recieve SRS News Email Alerts' link near the top.
- Jobs page for resources on finding federal employment.