Fire in Eastern Oak Forests Conference
May 27, 2015–May 29, 2015
The goal of the Fire in Eastern Oak Forests Conference is to improve land stewardship through transfer of knowledge and technology of fire as a management tool.
The conference brings together noted experts in research and management to present state-of-the-art information, perspectives, and syntheses on key issues and provides learning and networking opportunities to over 300 participants. This conference will emphasize topics relevant to management of oak and oak-pine forests and woodlands and should be of interest to managers, scientists, landowners, consultants, and students.
The conference will feature field tours, 17 invited presentations, a poster session, and a panel discussion led by scientists and managers on a wide range of topics in fire science and management. Invited speakers and panelists include:
- Mary Arthur – University of Kentucky
- Stephen Brewer – University of Mississippi
- Patrick Brose – USDA Forest Service
- Dan Dey – USDA Forest Service
- Luke Dodd – Eastern Kentucky University
- Mark Ford – Virginia Cooperative Fish and Wildlife Research Unit
- John Gruchy – Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries, and Parks
- Craig Harper – University of Tennessee
- Kevin Heirs – University of the South
- Neil Pederson – Harvard Forest
- Michael Saunders – Purdue University
- Callie Schweitzer – USDA Forest Service
- Stephen Shifley – USDA Forest Service
- Michael Stambaugh – University of Missouri
- Morgan Varner – Virginia Tech
- Jim Vose – USDA Forest Service
- Tom Waldrop – USDA Forest Service
- David Wear – USDA Forest Service
For more information please visit http://easternfire.as.ua.edu.