Upland Hardwood Silviculture & Habitat Workshop
June 23, 2015–June 25, 2015
***Workshop is for current land managers who are familiar with forestry terminology***
Please view the registration form and instructions.
Agenda & Topic Objectives
We have a great selection of topics and speakers. Each speaker is noted for their expertise of the subject matter. Please see “About the Speakers” in the back of this agenda for more information on each speaker. Below is the agenda for the week with a short description of each session. A laptop is required for the modeling exercise on Thursday. Field trips are planned for Tuesday and Wednesday. Please be prepared for field work (rain or shine) each day. Hard hats are required for field trips.
Hotel and meals are on your own each day.
- Tara Keyser, Research Forester, Southern Research Station
- Henry McNab, Research Forester, Southern Research Station
- Cathryn (Katie) H. Greenberg, Research Ecologist, Upland Hardwood Ecology and Management Research Work Unit, Southern Research Station
- Dean Simon, Mountain Region Wildlife Biologist/Forester, NC Wildlife Resources Commission
- Tom Waldrop,Team Leader, Fire Science with the Southern Research Station’s Center for Forest Disturbance Science
- Albert “Bud” Mayfield, Research Entomologist, USDA Forest Service, Southern Research Station
- Jeff Stringer, Extension Professor and Research Scientist, University of Kentucky, Department of Forestry
- Stacy Clark, Research Forester, Southern Research Station
- Susan Loeb, Research Ecologist, Upland Hardwood Ecology and Management Research Work Unit, USFS, Southern Research Station
- Jim Chamberlain, Research Scientist, USDA Forest Service, Southern Research Station
- John Greene, Research Forester (retired), USDA Forest Service, Southern Research Station.
- Greg Frey, Research Forester, USDA Forest Service