Our mission: To advance the scientific understanding of the roles of genetics, environment, and their interactions toprovide guidelines and tools for improving the sustainable productivity of southern forest ecosystems.
Research at the Southern Institute of Forest Genetics (SIFG) focuses on developing procedures to improve the health, productivity and genetic diversity of southern forests through better understanding of the genetics, ecology and evolutionary relationships in forest ecosystems. Learn more about us →
- Proceedings of the Sixth International Workshop on the Genetics of Host-Parasite Interactions in Forestry—Tree Resistance to Insects and Diseases: Putting Promise into Practice
Nelson, C. Dana; Koch, Jennifer L.; Sniezko, Richard A., eds.
- Twenty-five-year analysis on the effects of organic matter removal and soil compaction on a Long-Term Soil Productivity study site in North Carolina
- Effects of fertilization and irrigation on components of soil carbon efflux and soil respiration in loblolly pine plantations
Anderson, Peter H.; Maier, Christopher A.
- A reference genome assembly and adaptive trait analysis of Castanea mollissima ‘Vanuxem,’ a source of resistance to chestnut blight in restoration breeding
Staton, Margaret; Addo-Quaye, Charles; Cannon, Nathaniel; Yu, Jiali; Zhebentyayeva, Tetyana; Huff, Matthew; Islam-Faridi, Nurul; Fan, Shenghua; Georgi, Laura L.; Nelson, C. Dana; Bellis, Emily; Fitzsimmons, Sara; Henry, Nathan; Drautz-Moses, Daniela; Noorai, Rooksana E.; Ficklin, Stephen; Saski, Christopher; Mandal, Mihir; Wagner, Tyler K.; Zembower, Nicole; Bodénès, Catherine; Holliday, Jason; Westbrook, Jared; Lasky, Jesse; Hebard, Frederick V.; Schuster, Stephan C.; Abbott, Albert G.; Carlson, John E.
- Determination of nuclear DNA content, ploidy, and FISH location of ribosomal DNA in Hibiscus hamabo
Sakhanokho, Hamidou F.; Islam-Faridi, Nurul; Babiker, Ebrahiem M.; Nelson, Charles D.; Stringer, Stephen J.; Adamczyk, John J.