Dennis M. JacobsResearch Forester
Knoxville, TN 37919
Current ResearchRemote sensing and Geo-spatial data for integration into operational forest inventory and monitoring applications
Satellite data classifications of forest ecosystems cover and structure using MODIS, LANDSAT-TM, and ancillary geo-spatial data
Catastrophic events assessments and monitoring of damage to forest ecosystems and inventory resources by applying geo-spatial techniques
- Texas A&M University
- University of Arkansas
Featured Publications and Products
- Salajanu, Dumitru; Jacobs, Dennis. 2010. Contribution of climate, soil, and MODIS predictors when modeling forest inventory invasive species distribution using forest inventory data.
- Salajanu, Dumitru; Jacobs, Dennis M. 2009.
Using forest inventory plot data and satellite imagery from MODIS and Landsat-TM to model spatial distribution patterns of honeysuckle and privet.
- Salajanu, Dumitru ; Jacobs, Dennis M. 2009.
Predicting spatial distribution of privet (liguestrum spp.) in South Carolina from MODIS and forest inventory plot data.
- Jacobs, Dennis M. 2007. Forest inventory, catastrophic events and historic geospatial assessments in the south.
- Salajanu, Dumitru; Jacobs, Dennis M. 2007. Accuracy assessment of biomass and forested area classification from modis, landstat-tm satellite imagery and forest inventory plot data.
- Megown, Kevin; Lister, Andy; Patterson, Paul; Frescino, Tracey; Jacobs, Dennis; Webb, Jeremy; Daniels, Nicholas; Finco, Mark. 2015. Image-based change estimation (ICE): monitoring land use, land cover and agent of change information for all lands.
- Coulston, John W.; Jacobs, Dennis M.; King, Chris R.; Elmore, Ivey C. 2013. The influence of multi-season imagery on models of canopy cover: A case study.
- Goeking, Sara A.; Liknes, Greg C.; Lindblom, Erik; Chase, John; Jacobs, Dennis M.; Benton, Robert. 2012. A GIS-based tool for estimating tree canopy cover on fixed-radius plots using high-resolution aerial imagery.
- Salajanu, Dumitru; Jacobs, Dennis M. 2006. The effect of using complete and partial forested FIA plot data on biomass and forested area classifications from MODIS satellite data.
- Salajanu, Dumitru; Jacobs, Dennis M. 2005. Assessing biomass and forest area classifications from modis satellite data while incrementing the number of FIA data panels.
- Jacobs, Dennis M.; Rudis, Victor A. 2005. Providing confidence in regional maps in predicting where nonnative species are invading the forested landscape.
- Cooke, William H.; Jacobs, Dennis M. 2002. Rapid classification of landsat TM imagery for phase 1 stratification using the automated NDVI threshold supervised classification (ANTSC) methodology.
- McCollum, Joseph; Jacobs, Dennis. 2002. Tiger 2000 and FIA.
- Jacobs, Dennis M. 2000. February 1994 ice storm: forest resource damage assessment in northern Mississippi.
- Jacobs, Dennis M.; Cooke, William H., III. 2000. Generating Continuous Surface Probability Maps from Airborne Video Using Two Sampling Intensities Along the Video Transect.