- Document the extent and effects of wetland restoration efforts.
- Evaluate the impacts of incentive programs used to restore wetlands.
- Evaluate the fate of wetlands that have been converted to other uses in the past.
- Define wetlands and describe which wetland types are especially at risk.
- Measure the distribution as well as the extent of all wetland types.
- Evaluate the quality of current forested wetlands and how quality changes when converted to non-forest cover.
- Disclose the limitations and degree of accuracy of data sources.
- Address the effects of exotic species (plant and animal) on the structure and function of wetlands.
- Evaluate the land ownership patterns of forested wetlands.
- Describe past and potential shifts among forested wetland types, i.e. mixed pine/hardwood to pine or hardwood.