- Discuss impacts of forest management practices on mussels, fish, reptiles and amphibians.
- Define "hot spots" (i.e., where species are imperiled) for aquatic species.
- Define and evaluate aquatic species diversity.
- Evaluate the effects of exotic species on the structure and function of aquatic ecosystems.
- Define the extent and distribution of aquatic threatened and endangered species.
- Consider the impacts of forest management on sensitive species in the context of other important factors including land uses, pesticides, dredging, channelization, and dams.