- Evaluate the impact of acid precipitation on overall forest health, i.e. vegetation, soil chemistry, microbes, and water.
- Evaluate the impact of ozone pollution on forest vegetation.
- Define which forest types are at risk and how these risks are distributed spatially.
- How might climate change influence forest conditions in the future?
- Address the relationship between carbon sequestration and forest structural characteristics.
- Other biotic factors include fire, hurricanes, soil compaction, drought, ...