- Evaluate changes in species diversity.
- Measure changes in the distribution and amount of mast-producing species.
- Address how different intensities of logging, fire and other forest management practices influence various wildlife habitat types
- Describe how land use changes have and are likely to influence habitats.
- Describe the critical and emerging habitat needs in the region.
- Consider the contribution of areas set aside on public lands and by NGO's in providing habitats.
- Describe lost or degraded habitats that could be restored.
- Describe the history of wildlife habitat types as far back as can be reliably documented.
- Link discussion of all of the above to animal species populations and ecological communities.
- Evaluate implications of fragmentation and its causes.