- Evaluate the role that various forest types and successional stages (including monotypic stands) play in providing wildlife habitat.
- Consider game, non-game and Threatened and Endangered species.
- Describe general habitat characteristics necessary to sustain viable populations of forest wildlife.
- Evaluate the role of coarse woody debris and snags and address their availability.
- Include the effects of vertical structure of forests in this analysis.
- Identify current and anticipated threats to these habitat associations.
- Evaluate native forests, corridors and linkages, diversity of types and interior Forest "core areas", fire dependent communities, managed forests, mature forests and fragmentation.