- Evaluate supply and demand for all species groups and timber products including sawtimber, pulpwood, veneer, other fiber products, and fuelwood.
- Examine the effects of population growth and land use change on timber supply-e.g., with more people, how is the "availability" of timber different?
- Evaluate the linkages to international markets and consider implications of changing wood product exports and imports of competing materials.
- Address the impacts of changing management intensity and productivity on supply and the resulting composition of forests.
- Evaluate market linkages with other parts of the United States.
- Address how changing technology and the emergence of new products (change in product mix) could affect all markets.