- Examine the impact of state, federal, and private incentive programs for forestry on management practices (primary responsibility in section III).
- Examine status and trends of specific forest management practices, e.g., clearcutting, selective harvesting, natural regeneration, tree planting, for each ownership class.
- Compare the production/productivity implications of various management intensities.
- Describe the multiple-use intentions and outcomes of forest management on private lands.
- Recognize all approaches to management including "no active management."
- Examine how forest investment has influenced forest conditions and productivity.